THE Fringe Coad
Given that we are a community of sometime criminals, the mentally ill, domestic violence perpetrators, drug users, and parolees,
we decided the simplest approach to ministry with children was to ban them.
We have an 18+ rule.
We are building a community of people who are looking for redemption.
We have found the way to that in Jesus.
He is power behind forgiveness, repentance and the promise of abundant life.
So – this “code” outlies a very basic structure for what we believe people should be aiming for, and for how we can provide enough “shape”
that we actually are a community.
What we believe: The Nicene Creed
• I will shamelessly stand for Jesus Christ in word and action.
• I will fight to hell and back for my family and home.
• I will lead and be led. In the absence of orders from God I will take the lead to accomplish the mission. I will not leave any teammate behind.
• I will never quit or run from my enemy or my responsibilities. If knocked down, I will get back up... there will always be fight left in me until I die.
• I will work harder to be stronger physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
• My word is my bond - with honour, character, compassion, strength and courage I will follow through.
• As a tender warrior I will keep my soul refreshed, fully alive, and balanced.
• I will battle injustice in our world defending the helpless, overlooked, and abused, so that freedom and Gods Kingdom can reign.
• My training is never complete - I commit to a life-long pursuit of excellence, creativity, innovation and Godliness.
• I will bravely and relentlessly carry the name of Jesus Christ and the proud tradition of the heroes of my faith until death falls upon me or Jesus takes me home.
• I voluntarily accept the hazards of my calling- I will not whine, complain or make excuses for my life, but will write a new legacy of hope and victory.
• I will never be “that guy.”
Our pledge to one another.
• I will lead strong throughout this Fight .
• I will lead from the front by being an example to my Fringe Community.
• I will never ask my Fringe community to do anything I am unwilling to do.
• I will contact my Fringe Community on a weekly basis.
• I will hold my Fringe Community accountable to the creed and our values.
• I will treat the people of Fringe as equals and remain accountable to them.
• I will seek wise counsel when questions arise.
• I will act with grace, while keeping the integrity of the Fringe community.
• I will pray fervently for my Fringe Community, and the other leaders
lf you come once, you are a friend.
lf you come back, you are family.
No kids, no music, no bullshit; iust
real people with real problems
looking after one another.
Given that we are a community of sometime criminals, the mentally ill, domestic violence perpetrators, drug users, and parolees, we decided the simplest approach to ministry with children was to ban them. We have an 18+ rule.